MOMOMETAL joins SU-METAL and MOAMETAL halfway through the two-night BABYMETAL BEGINS show in Yokohama, and Kevin was there. Live premieres of the rest of the songs off THE OTHER ONE, reappearances of the METALVERSE trio, the amazing reappearance of Iine! and BABYMETAL DEATH. Join us as we unpack the beginning of the new era!
Episode 078 – THE OTHER ONE
THE OTHER ONE IS OUT. We talk through the Mirror Mirror lyric video, the songs on the album and the album as a whole, the editions, the future, images from the showing of BABYMETAL RETURNS on WOWOW. Lots to process as we rush toward Fox Day 2023. Join us!
Episode 077 – Light & Darkness
BABYMETAL released the fourth song from The Other One, Light & Darkness. And the album release is clearly coming, with announcements of magazine covers and interviews starting to rain down upon us. Join us as we talk about at what’s coming up between now and Fox Day!
Episode 076 – The One With All The Boxes
At the end of the BABYMETAL RETURNS — THE OTHER ONE concert set, many announcements were made, and then a MV for METAL KINGDOM was released. Join us, as we survey the exceedingly complex network of paths that can lead us to BABYMETAL BEGINS in April, talk about shirts and boxes and costumes and Fox Day!
Episode 075 – BABYMETAL RETURNS
BABYMETAL’s first month of 2023 ended with two nights of the BABYMETAL RETURNS — THE OTHER ONE concert in Japan, their first shows in almost two years. Kevin was there. Join us as he talks us through his experience!
Episode 074 – TOO: Much information
BABYMETAL has released the third single from The Other One, called METAL KINGDOM, and also revealed cover art for the various editions, and the merchandise for the imminent BABYMETAL Returns shows in Japan. We discuss all of that, and more!
Episode 073 – Mandatoory Wrapup
We wrap up 2022 looking back on what we saw this year and looking ahead to what we’re eager to see next year. 2022 got off to a slow start but picked up energy there at the end! Join us as we reflect back on the new material, discuss ugly sweaters, and ponder the coming shows, single, and album!
Episode 072 – Lacking Color Commentary
BABYMETAL announced a support tour with Sabaton, and released two new songs. One (for Cavalry) is Divine Attack – Shingeki. The other (for Monochrome) is Monochrome. We have thoughts, we have inner conflicts, we have anticipation. Join us as we talk about all of that!
Episode 071 – Many Other Ones
We got to 99% and the remaining 1% was us all along. BABYMETAL announced upcoming shows, an upcoming album, a schedule for upcoming releases, and opened preorders for many, many editions. Many. Join us as we talk through all of this!
Episode 070 – 73%
At long last, The Other One – Digital Gallery has reached 73%. The podcast team has found their microphones and gathered together again for an update on what passes for news of the past four months. Join us as we talk about the gallery, some interviews, Kulture and “the metalverse,” song placement in television shows, and more!